Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Songs of Mike Cooley


"I make more money off t-shirts. If you rip it, burn it, give it to somebody, and they come to a show and buy a ticket and a t-shirt, I profit more that way anyway, and then I've got a fan. Records are promotional items these days anyway"

What better way to introduce some songs from my 'favorite' Trucker, and one that can turn a phrase with the best of of'em.

Gravity's Gone
A Ghost To Most
Birthday Boy
Bob
3 Dimes Down
Space City
Self-Destructive Zones
72 (This Highway's Mean)
Loaded Gun In The Closet
Marry Me
Carl Perkins' Cadillac
Zip City
Sounds Better In The Song
Get Downtown
Women Without Whiskey
Daddy's Cup
Shut Up And Get On The Plane
Eyes Like Glue

+++

9 comments:

Kuchar Kuzma said...

Goddamn great mix, sir.

People Are Leaving said...

Glad you like it Sir Charles !

Anonymous said...

i very love your posting way, very exciting,
don't give up and keep penning for the reason that it simply that is worth to follow it,
impatient to look into more and more of your own posts, have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this! His are some of my favorite DBT songs.

nffcnnr said...

Favorite Trucker? Agreed. Thanks for putting all these songs in one place!

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, thanx a lot for this blog ....... This is what I was looking for.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant web site, I hadn't noticed conqueror-of-the-moon.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Carry on the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

Wow neat! This is a really great site! I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
like this in the past? Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

You made a few good points there. I did a search on the topic and hardly got any specific details on other sites, but then great to be here, really, thanks.

- Lucas